From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.2.1 lancelot using 100% of a core
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 07:28:23
1 On Saturday 07 March 2009 09:03:30 Roy Wright wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > Recently upgraded to kde 4.2.1 and noticed that lancelot is reported by
5 > top as 100% cpu. Looking at system monitor - cpu settings plasmoid, it
6 > looks like 2 of the cores (quad core cpu) are optioning off at 100%.
7 >
8 > I'm curious if anyone else is seeing something similar?
9
10 Hi Roy,
11
12 By your wording I'd assume that Lancelot was fine with version 4.2.0? Are you
13 having trouble with any other plasmoids? I get similar behaviour with some of
14 the eye-candy compiz-style plugins, but Lancelot itself is solid (and vastly
15 superior to that default menu thing).
16
17 It's unlikely to be plasma itself, I see very little reports about that. It's
18 more likely to be X related or drivers or some such.
19
20 Please post back with details of your hardware, drivers, kde USE settings etc
21 etc
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com