From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange network problem
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 05:09:23
1 On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 09:51:48PM +0800, ?? wrote
2
3 > Thinks everyone:
4 > DNS woks well for me. i can ping www.google.com. Just can't access
5 > it in web-browsers without rebooting system.Sometimes I thought mybe
6 > it's the problem of Power.But now i doubt about it! Because even
7 > while I am watching videos online( about half an our) it happens.
8 > Here is the wireshark capture result: I don't know why there are
9 > so manay "RTS".
10
11 I had a problem authenticating with the wifi domain at the local
12 library when I first tried it. It turns out that the local library
13 intercepts the first http:// attempt and sends you to a page win the
14 10.0.0.0/8 block. My iptables configuration was copied from my desktop,
15 which had no reason to expect traffic from that area. So it blocked
16 10.0.0.0/8 it, which prevented me from signing in.
17
18 Your situation sounds like you have a half-hour lease on an IP
19 address, and something goes wrong when the lease is renewed, or
20 attempted to be renewed. A couple of suggestions...
21
22 - heavy-handed "solution"... can you set up dhcpcd to get you a longer
23 lease than 30 minutes on your IP address?
24
25 - check your iptables rulesets and logs. Do you have any iptables rules
26 that generate RST's at your end? If you get desparate, try running
27 for 45 minutes with iptables turned off
28
29 - what does your netbook's /etc/resolv.conf look like...
30 1) before going online
31 2) after going online successfully
32 3) after a half-hour
35 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>