From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I've been hacked.
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 05:34:48
1 On Tuesday 11 May 2010 05:58:28 Grant wrote:
2 > I nmap'ed one of my remote Gentoo servers today and besides the
3 > expected open ports were these:
4 >
5 > 1080/tcp open socks
6 > 3128/tcp open squid-http
7 > 8080/tcp open http-proxy
8 >
9 > I'm not running any sort of proxy software that I know of and I should
10 > be the only person whatsoever with access to the machine. 'netstat
11 > -l' doesn't show any info on those ports at all so I suppose it's been
12 > hacked as well? I installed and ran 'rkhunter --check' (what happened
13 > to the chrootkit ebuild?) but it doesn't seem to be much use since I
14 > hadn't established a "file of stored file properties".
15 >
16 > What do you guys think is going on? What should I do from here?
17
18 What does lsof (I'd reinstall it afresh) show with regards to strange users?
19 What users the above services run under. If indeed they are not legitimate
20 and you confirm that they are not being run as packages that you installed,
21 then I'm afraid the only sane option is to reinstall.
24 Regards,
25 Mick