From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ogg-vorbis tools and cups
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:47:55
1 --- Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz> wrote:
4 > On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:18:16 -0800 (PST)
5 > maxim wexler wrote:
6 >
7 > > Hello everybody,
8 > >
9 > > I notice emerge ogg-vorbis insists on taking cups
10 > > along with it. emerge info reveals cups flag _is_
11 > > being used. But why use it then? What does
12 > printing
13 > > have to do with playing ogg files. Why not go
14 > through
15 > > the flags and install everything they point to?
16 > That
17 > > would make as much sense as installing printer
18 > drivers
19 > > when audio tools were called for. I've run emerge
20 > lots
21 > > of times on the present OS and cups was never
22 > > requested until now. Oh, and another thing: I
23 > don't
24 > > have cups in my make.conf. Doesn't make.conf
25 > override
26 > > the defaults?
27 >
28 > There doesn't appear to be a package named
29 > ogg-vorbis on my system, or
30 > in portage:
31
32 Sorry, meant vorbis-tools
36 http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=ogg-vorbis
37 >
38 > So it makes your question a little difficult to
39 > answer.
40 >
41 > However you can tarce dependencies by use of the
42 > --tree or -t switch for
43 > emerge:
44 >
45 > emerge -pvt ogg-vorbis
46 >
47 > might tell you what is dragging in cups. (well it
48 > would if there were
49 > such a package). Then you can read the ebuild of the
50 > package that is
51 > dependent on cups top find out why.
52 >
53 > USE flags are inherited from a number of places, all
54 > cumulative, with
55 > make.conf only being your preferences. Your profile
56 > governs what is
57 > added before make.conf adds its bits.
60 > > -mw
61 > >
62 > > -mw
63 > >
64 > > __________________________________________________
65 > > Do You Yahoo!?
66 > > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
67 > protection around
68 > > http://mail.yahoo.com
69 > > --
70 > > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
71 >
72 > --
73 > Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
74 >
75 > --
76 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
82 Do You Yahoo!?
83 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
84 http://mail.yahoo.com
85 --
86 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list