From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Select default repository in make.conf?
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 22:51:23
1 Hi guys’n’gals
2
3 Before the introduction of repos.conf, we used several variables in
4 make.conf to tell portage where to find stuff, such as GENTOO_MIRRORS and
5 SYNC. My make.conf used to first define sensible defaults for those and then
6 has the line:
7
8 source homenet.conf
9
10 This file modifies those portage settings to reroute operations to within my
11 own network. Oftentimes either my PC or laptop is (far) ahead of the other
12 (tree sync, distfiles download). So to make them serve each other, which
13 reduces load on public servers and vastly speeds up distfiles download, this
14 homenet.conf file
15 - prepends a gentoo mirror
16 - sets the portage rsync server
17 - enables distcc on the laptop
18
19 So with a single (un)commenting of the source command, I could switch
20 between “normal” mode and “homenet” mode.
21
22 Since repos.conf came about, this doesn’t work anymore (the sync part,
23 anyway, for now). So nowadays, when I want to switch mode, I need to change
24 the source line and also need to change the sync-uri in repos.conf’s default
25 repository. That’s too much work. :-D
26
27 How would you advise to achieve what I’m after?
28 Thanks-a-doodle and good night.
29 --
30 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
31 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
32
33 I can resist everything, except temptation.