From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Updating libpng: another libtool cockup?
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 21:06:07
1 On 09/18/2011 11:10 PM, walt wrote:
2 > I just did a routine update on my ~amd64 machine and saw the portage
3 > warning that libpng14 has been replaced by libpng15, and I should run
4 > revdep-rebuild --library '/usr/lib/libpng14.so' and then delete the
5 > obsolete library.
6
7 Oh crap. I somehow missed that (and I try to always read the logs with
8 'elog'). But this somehow skipped past my radar. I still have
9 libpng14.so in /usr/lib. revdep-rebuild lists about 80 packages needing
10 a rebuild.
11
12 Is there a way to check the system whether old libraries are still around?