From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How's the openrc update going for everyone?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 11:12:49
1 Hi, Dale.
2
3 On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 04:55:01PM -0500, Dale wrote:
4 > Hi folks,
5
6 > I was curious, what's the results of the openrc update for people that
7 > have done theirs? Is it pretty simple and "just works" or are there
8 > issues? I'm mostly interested in x86 and amd64 since that is what I
9 > have. Just a simple works here and I'm X86 or amd64 would be nice.
10 > List issues if you had any.
11
12 For me, it just worked. But it took me well over two hours, and that was
13 after spending several hours studying the FM (practically memorising it,
14 actually). Things which threaten to make my PC unbootable have that
15 effect on me.
16
17 I was surprised by the number of config files which had changed (though
18 I was surprised not to see inittab amongst them). I had a few problems
19 with consolefont and keymaps, but that probably had to do with my
20 converting from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 the day before.
21
22 I take my hat off to Christian Faulhammer and William Hubbs, true
23 gentlemen, who took so much trouble to make a difficult transition so
24 smooth and easy.
25
26 > Thanks for the feedback.
27