From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How's the openrc update going for everyone?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 12:29:04
1 Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > Hi, Dale.
3 >
4 > On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 04:55:01PM -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >
6 >> Hi folks,
9 >> I was curious, what's the results of the openrc update for people that
10 >> have done theirs? Is it pretty simple and "just works" or are there
11 >> issues? I'm mostly interested in x86 and amd64 since that is what I
12 >> have. Just a simple works here and I'm X86 or amd64 would be nice.
13 >> List issues if you had any.
14 >>
15 > For me, it just worked. But it took me well over two hours, and that was
16 > after spending several hours studying the FM (practically memorising it,
17 > actually). Things which threaten to make my PC unbootable have that
18 > effect on me.
19 >
20 > I was surprised by the number of config files which had changed (though
21 > I was surprised not to see inittab amongst them). I had a few problems
22 > with consolefont and keymaps, but that probably had to do with my
23 > converting from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 the day before.
24 >
25 > I take my hat off to Christian Faulhammer and William Hubbs, true
26 > gentlemen, who took so much trouble to make a difficult transition so
27 > smooth and easy.
30 >> Thanks for the feedback.
33 >> Dale
36 >> :-) :-)
39 After reading some replies here, I did mine. It went well. I agree,
40 hats off to the folks who worked on this. Seems like their work paid
41 off very well. I just hope everyone else's is as easy as mine.
42
43 There was a LOT of config files to update. It appears that a LOT of it
44 was done during the update tho.
45
46 I'm just glad this is done. Sort of been dreading this.
47
48 Dale
49