From: "Anno v. Heimburg" <anno@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE password
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 20:05:39
1 econti wrote:
2
3 > So . . . I unmerged all the single app, unmerged kdebase-kioslaves and
4 > emerged kdebase.
5 > Now all works as before.
6
7 Wait, I don't get it. You have the single, all-in-one kdebase package
8 installed (which, to the best of my knowledge, includes all kdebase-*
9 packages), yet you emerge kdebase-kioslaves? Why? With KDE, either you go
10 for the all-in-one-big-honking-package approach (kdebase proper), or you
11 cherry pick what you need from the split packages (the kdebase-* packages).
12 Same goes for the other kde core packages. If you want to switch from one
13 big package to several small ones to save on recompiles for small updates,
14 use kdebase-meta, which installs all of the kdebase split packages.
15 Installing both the big kdebase package and the split packages makes no
16 sense, IIRC.
17
18 Me, I have all kdebase-* packages installed, but not kdebase.
19
20 Anno.
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list