From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unmerge emacs
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 23:22:53
1 emacs provides virtual/editor
2
3 The system profile is a set of programs that is necessary for your
4 computer to boot and build other programs. One of this things you need
5 to do to boot a computer is to edit the configuration files in /etc,
6 for that you need an editor. The system profile (you can see what it
7 brings in by "emerge --emptytree --pretend system") requires something
8 that satisfies virtual/editor, and by default I think gentoo uses
9 nano. If you have another editor, like nano, or vim, or pico, then you
10 should be fine to unmerge emacs.
11
12 W
13