From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 23:38:42
1 Lately I've been getting this MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE error. It only happens
2 when I'm logged into my home amd64 box from my office x86 box. I use
3 ssh -X ip.add.res.s to log in. Everything seems to work and save fine
4 except for the error message and not being able to run an x-application
5 remotely.
6
7 The first error occurs when I try to run an x-application remotely.
8 $ jpilot
9 Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
10 (jpilot:16276): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: localhost:11.0
11
12 The second error occurs after I exit a file from a text editor.
13 $ vi file.txt
14 Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyInvalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
15
16 I've been doing this for years without any problems and this probably
17 started in the last month or so.
18
19 I've seen a few things on line, but nothing that looks right. I also
20 don't want to run the xhost+ command.
21
22 Any ideas?
23
24 Thanks,