From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mpv upgrade warning
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 03:52:41
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On 19 September 2015 19:55:45 BST, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
4 > > Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > > I actually forgot I posted this, was rather sleepy. I also had to
7 > > > fight udev changing sda to sdf for no damn good reason, wound up
8 > > > having to use UUIDs (which I've never had to use before.)
9 > >
10 > > Because I'm a lazy guy, I'm using labels instead of UUIDs. They have
11 > > the advantage that I don't have to change fstab when I must replace
12 > > a disk.
13 > >
14 > > --
15 > > Regards
16 > > wabe
17 >
18 > Strictly speaking, you don't have to do that with UUIDs as you can
19 > change it to match the old one.
20
21 THX for the hint. I didn't know this. But nevertheless it seems to be
22 more work than using labels. :-)
25 Regards
26 wabe