From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mpv upgrade warning
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 18:59:54
1 On 19 September 2015 19:55:45 BST, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > > I actually forgot I posted this, was rather sleepy. I also had to
5 > > fight udev changing sda to sdf for no damn good reason, wound up
6 > > having to use UUIDs (which I've never had to use before.)
7 >
8 > Because I'm a lazy guy, I'm using labels instead of UUIDs. They have
9 > the advantage that I don't have to change fstab when I must replace
10 > a disk.
11 >
12 > --
13 > Regards
14 > wabe
15
16 Strictly speaking, you don't have to do that with UUIDs as you can change it to match the old one. That big advantage of labels is that they are human-readable.
17 --
18 Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.