From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mpv upgrade warning
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 19:12:09
1 On 19/09/2015 20:59, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On 19 September 2015 19:55:45 BST, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
3 >
4 > Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > I actually forgot I posted this, was rather sleepy. I also had to
7 > fight udev changing sda to sdf for no damn good reason, wound up
8 > having to use UUIDs (which I've never had to use before.)
11 > Because I'm a lazy guy, I'm using labels instead of UUIDs. They have
12 > the advantage that I don't have to change fstab when I must replace
13 > a disk.
14 >
15 > --
16 > Regards
17 > wabe
21 > Strictly speaking, you don't have to do that with UUIDs as you can
22 > change it to match the old one. That big advantage of labels is that
23 > they are human-readable.
24
25 Well I can read UUIDs, they are hex gibberish but still readable.
26
27 Labels are human *understandable*
31 Alan McKinnon
32 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com