From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mpv upgrade warning
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 19:18:01
1 On 19 September 2015 20:11:31 BST, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 19/09/2015 20:59, Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > On 19 September 2015 19:55:45 BST, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
4 > >
5 > > Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > >
7 > > I actually forgot I posted this, was rather sleepy. I also
8 > had to
9 > > fight udev changing sda to sdf for no damn good reason,
10 > wound up
11 > > having to use UUIDs (which I've never had to use before.)
14 > > Because I'm a lazy guy, I'm using labels instead of UUIDs. They
15 > have
16 > > the advantage that I don't have to change fstab when I must
17 > replace
18 > > a disk.
19 > >
20 > > --
21 > > Regards
22 > > wabe
26 > > Strictly speaking, you don't have to do that with UUIDs as you can
27 > > change it to match the old one. That big advantage of labels is that
28 > > they are human-readable.
29 >
30 > Well I can read UUIDs, they are hex gibberish but still readable.
31 >
32 > Labels are human *understandable*
35 > --
36 > Alan McKinnon
37 > alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
38
39 That's like saying you can read French because you know the letters even if you know nothing of the language :P
40 --
41 Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.