From: Frank Schafer <frank.schafer@×××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Building Xorg - internal compiler error: segmentation fault
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:11:42
1 On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 21:05 -0300, Robin wrote:
2 > I segment faults randomly when emerging packages... and I know it
3 > is bad ram... so I would advise you to test it... :)
4 >
5 > Regards.
6
7 ... see b.g.o. It happens often (if it happens) for everybody somewhere
8 else and for one person every time at the same line of code.
9
10 My question was if someone has some experiences with the suggestion at
11 b.g.o. (try a vanilla kernel)
12
13 It is likely to be the truth. Gentoo heavily patches and patches could
14 introduce a bug too. I had the time to emerge vanilla-sources yesterday
15 and seen, that even that is patched. I'll take a kernel from kernel.org.
16
17 You did read my initial post, did you?