From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] E17 and package.use
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 23:46:50
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 01:31 on Saturday 20 November 2010, Mick did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > For x11-wm/enlightenment I'll have to keep 9999 ** in keywords, but switch
5 > overlay to 'enlightenment'.
6
7 Add the enlightenment overlay, but read a few key ebuilds to get a grasp of
8 what's going on and what they want
11 > Is the efl overlay going to be taken offline in the future?
12
13 I think so, but that's me reading between the lines. It seems to be an
14 experimental test bed, sort of like how the kde overlay gets used
15
16 > PS. I'm impressed, but where do you go to find all this info about
17 > enlightenment & gentoo?
18
19 Been using e17 for years :-)
20
21 I subscribe to the e17 commit list and read all the various blogs etc, etc.
22 Plus read all the numerous eclasses that have been around over the years and
23 even maintained my own ebuilds for a while till barbeiri released his.
24
25 After all that, I guess some of the info made it into long-term memory :-)
29 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com