From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] E17 and package.use
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 23:32:20
1 On Friday 19 November 2010 23:14:01 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Apparently, though unproven, at 11:06 on Friday 19 November 2010, Mick did
3 >
4 > opine thusly:
5 > > So it seems that I should delete efl, install enlightenment overlay
6 > > instead, remove any package.keywords on all 9999 ** packages (?) that I
7 > > had set up for efl and instead unmask beta versions of packages as
8 > > portage is telling me to do. Have I got this right, or should I leave
9 > > 9999 ** in my package keywords for the enlightenment packages?
10 > >
11 > > I may wait until Sunday or so in the hope that all this dust has settled,
12 > > because I fear that I may be caught half-way between changes on efl and
13 > > enlightenment overlays with no way of installing a working desktop.
14 > >
15 > > Thanks again for holding my hand on this.
16 >
17 > It just got even more interesting. The EFL libs (but not the window
18 > manager) just got committed to the portage tree.
19 >
20 > The version is 1.0.0_beta2 and the devs have stated they intend no more
21 > API/ABI breakages. So I'm tempted to say we should install the beta libs so
22 > we don't have to constantly upgrade the whole lot.
23
24 Excellent!
25
26 It's getting late over here, so I'll get on with this tomorrow. -_-
27
28 For x11-wm/enlightenment I'll have to keep 9999 ** in keywords, but switch
29 overlay to 'enlightenment'.
30
31 Is the efl overlay going to be taken offline in the future?
32
33 PS. I'm impressed, but where do you go to find all this info about
34 enlightenment & gentoo?
35 --
36 Regards,
37 Mick