From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAID/LVM machine - install questions
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 13:54:13
1 Am 20.03.2010 19:26, schrieb Mark Knecht:
2 > On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 9:38 AM, KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 >> Mark Knecht schrieb:
4 >>>
5 >>
6 > <Smiling broadly...> :-) Yeah.. Well, keeping my wife's data safe
7 > keeps me happy. :-)
8 >
9 > So the chassis and drives for this 1st machine are on order. 6 1TB
10 > green drives. Now I just need to decide what sort of RAID to use. I
11 > don't need much speed writing so I'm thinking maybe a 3 drive RAID1
12 > setup with a hot spare managed using mdadm and then LVM on top of it.
15 With 4 drives, you could build a RAID-6, too. It's like a RAID-5 but
16 protects against failure of any two drives.