From: Corbin Bird <corbinbird@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux error messages trying to mimic w*nd*ws ?
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 04:06:49
1 On 01/09/2017 02:11 PM, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I want to burn an iso image onto a rewritable
5 > CD (CD-RW) with k3b.
6 >
7 > I loaded the empty CDRW medium into the burner.
8 >
9 > I started k3b.
10 >
11 > Top left it says:
12 >
13 > "Empty CDRW-medium"
14 >
15 > I pressed "Burn ISO".
16 >
17 > A dialog pops up, asking for a ISO image
18 > which did select.
19 >
20 > Then it calculates the Hash and asked
21 > me "Please insert an empty medium"
22 >
23 > "Okay", I thought, "may erasing helps!"
24 >
25 > I choosed "Erase CDRW". A dialog pops
26 > up and offers "Start", which I pressed.
27 >
28 > Instantly another error dialog pop up, which
29 > seems to be presented by another, foreign
30 > OS...it looks so familiar, saying:
31 >
32 > "Found medium: Empty CD-RW medium
33 > Please insert rewritable CD medium into drive."
34 >
35 > Lost?
36 >
37 > What went so badly here?
38 >
39 > Cheers
40 > Meino
46 Question for you :
47
48 Did you format the CD-RW media first? ( Yes, it must be formatted before
49 anything gets written. )