From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux error messages trying to mimic w*nd*ws ?
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 04:16:00
1 Corbin Bird <corbinbird@×××××××.net> [17-01-10 05:12]:
2 >
3 > On 01/09/2017 02:11 PM, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 > > Hi,
5 > >
6 > > I want to burn an iso image onto a rewritable
7 > > CD (CD-RW) with k3b.
8 > >
9 > > I loaded the empty CDRW medium into the burner.
10 > >
11 > > I started k3b.
12 > >
13 > > Top left it says:
14 > >
15 > > "Empty CDRW-medium"
16 > >
17 > > I pressed "Burn ISO".
18 > >
19 > > A dialog pops up, asking for a ISO image
20 > > which did select.
21 > >
22 > > Then it calculates the Hash and asked
23 > > me "Please insert an empty medium"
24 > >
25 > > "Okay", I thought, "may erasing helps!"
26 > >
27 > > I choosed "Erase CDRW". A dialog pops
28 > > up and offers "Start", which I pressed.
29 > >
30 > > Instantly another error dialog pop up, which
31 > > seems to be presented by another, foreign
32 > > OS...it looks so familiar, saying:
33 > >
34 > > "Found medium: Empty CD-RW medium
35 > > Please insert rewritable CD medium into drive."
36 > >
37 > > Lost?
38 > >
39 > > What went so badly here?
40 > >
41 > > Cheers
42 > > Meino
48 > Question for you :
49 >
50 > Did you format the CD-RW media first? ( Yes, it must be formatted before
51 > anything gets written. )
57 Answer for you:
58 Yes