From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot Gentoo live iso from grub
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 02:11:03
1 On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 00:44:05 +0200, zless wrote:
2
3 > I've grown a bit tired by this already. Before I will try your and
4 > Neil's suggestions I will test my luck with the Sysrescuecd iso.
5 > It seems that more people are interested in this and are reporting
6 > success.
7
8 submenu "SystemRescueCd 64 bit options" {
9 menuentry "SystemRescueCd with default options" {
10 linux (loop)/isolinux/rescue64 isoloop=$isofile
11 initrd (loop)/isolinux/initram.igz
12 }
13
14 menuentry "SystemRescueCd with all files cached to memory" {
15 linux (loop)/isolinux/rescue64 isoloop=$isofile docache
16 initrd (loop)/isolinux/initram.igz
17 }
18 }
19
20 You can also add extra boot options, like setting the keymap to avoid the
21 boot process pausing to ask for your choice.
22
23 There's also a way to boot systemrescuecd from a bootloader that doesn't
24 support ISO loading, like the systemd UEFI boot manager (aka gummiboot).
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 Top Oxymorons Number 23: Sweet sorrow