From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change in kernel netfilter config causes an error
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 14:30:58
1 On 01/05/06, Toby Cubitt <tsc25@××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 03:16:36PM +0200, Mick wrote:
3 > > On 01/05/06, Toby Cubitt <tsc25@××××××.net> wrote:
4 > > >On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 02:34:49PM +0200, Mick wrote:
5 > >
6 > > >> Also, is my (basic-but-functional) fw script now obsolete? Does it
7 > > >> need to be changed - how would you make it compatible with the new
8 > > >> netfilter nomenclature?
9 > > >
10 > > >I don't think much changed in the iptables command, so your script
11 > > >should still work fine once you compile the right options into the
12 > > >kernel. Mine certainly did.
13 > >
14 > > Thanks Toby, but I can't find which option I have missed out. That's
15 > > why I posted the link to my kernel config, in case someone can spot
16 > > it.
17 >
18 > Ah. Didn't realise from your mail that the script didn't work. Without
19 > the error messages it produces, it's mighty difficult to tell...
20 >
21 > But it's almost certainly a kernel-config issue, since until recently
22 > I used the same script (derived from Daniel Robbins' IBM developer
23 > works article, right?).
24
25 That's right. The script is basically the DR script minus NATing.
26 The error message that I see at boot up is as originally posted, here
27 it is again:
28 ==============================
29 # /etc/init.d/iptables restart
31 iptables-restore v1.3.4: iptables-restore: unable to initializetable 'nat'
32
33 Error occurred at line: 8
34 Try `iptables-restore -h' or 'iptables-restore --help' for more
35 information. [ !! ]
37 --
38 Regards,
39 Mick