From: Toby Cubitt <tsc25@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change in kernel netfilter config causes an error
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 13:52:08
1 On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 03:16:36PM +0200, Mick wrote:
2 > On 01/05/06, Toby Cubitt <tsc25@××××××.net> wrote:
3 > >On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 02:34:49PM +0200, Mick wrote:
4 >
5 > >> Also, is my (basic-but-functional) fw script now obsolete? Does it
6 > >> need to be changed - how would you make it compatible with the new
7 > >> netfilter nomenclature?
8 > >
9 > >I don't think much changed in the iptables command, so your script
10 > >should still work fine once you compile the right options into the
11 > >kernel. Mine certainly did.
12 >
13 > Thanks Toby, but I can't find which option I have missed out. That's
14 > why I posted the link to my kernel config, in case someone can spot
15 > it.
16
17 Ah. Didn't realise from your mail that the script didn't work. Without
18 the error messages it produces, it's mighty difficult to tell...
19
20 But it's almost certainly a kernel-config issue, since until recently
21 I used the same script (derived from Daniel Robbins' IBM developer
22 works article, right?).
23
24 Toby
25 --
26 PhD Student
27 Quantum Information Theory group
28 Max Planck Institute for Quantum Optics
29 Garching, Germany
30
31 email: toby@××××××××.org
32 web: www.dr-qubit.org