From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Error Message When Loading into Gnome
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 22:15:48
1 At Thu, 03 Sep 2009 20:21:38 -0400 Nick Khamis <symack@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Thank you so much for your response, I am sitting behind the machine right
4 > now. (I know we are not suppose to but I just want it to be working as
5 > expected) Basically when using root user and logging into console I get my
6 > first suspicious message, "No direcotory, logging in with HOME=/", when
7 > issuing a echo $HOME I am recieving "/"
8
9 At that point (right after issuing "echo $HOME") try cd /root.
10 If that fails (as it probably will), then post the output of
11 ls -ld / /root
12
13 allan