From: Nick Khamis <symack@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Error Message When Loading into Gnome
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 19:13:06
1 Hey Walt,
2
3 Thank you so much for your response, I am sitting behind the machine right
4 now. (I know we are not suppose to but I just want it to be working as
5 expected) Basically when using root user and logging into console I get my
6 first suspicious message, "No direcotory, logging in with HOME=/", when
7 issuing a echo $HOME I am recieving "/". And when doing a startx it loads,
8 nothing works and the Desktop does not load the items in the folder. This is
9 not the case with ninus a user that I just created.
10
11 Your Help is Greatly Appreciated,
12 Ninus