From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] missing dependencies
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 11:13:27
1 Hi All,
2
3 It has been for a while, now: every now and then, when updating a perl
4 module, it fails to emerge. Checking the log, it is possible to see
5 something like this, when I tied to update dev-perl/File-MimeInfo :
6
7 ...
8 Checking prerequisites...
9 requires:
10 ! File::BaseDir is not installed
11 ! File::DesktopEntry is not installed
12 ...
13
14 Then I checked to see, and both dev-perl/File-BaseDir and
15 dev-perl/File-DesktopEntry are really not installed and are not requested
16 for the dev-perl/File-MimeInfo update.
17
18 At first I thought it was a one and only case. But as time goes by, there
19 has been perl packages that refuse to emerge at first, and then, checking
20 the emerge log, finding missing modules and manually emerging them,
21 everything goes as it should.
22
23 Does anyone have a clue on where did I miss them?
24
25 Thanks and best regards
26 Francisco