From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 05:43:25
1 On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 6:38 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 2014-02-19 2:04 AM, Daniel Campbell <lists@××××××××.us> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> For such a profile to be legitimate, systemd would have to be chosen as
5 >> the default.
6 >
7 > Ridiculous. Forget about Canek's rant...
8 >
9 > This is about *choice*. Also, I would argue the *opposite of what Canek is
10 > saying in this last rant...
11
12 Tanstaafl, can we please not use terms like "rants"? I'm just giving
13 my opinion, trying to be respectful and civil to the others
14 participants in this thread. I would appreciate if you do the same to
15 me.
16
17 > If he and other want systemd profiles, let *them* do the work of creating
18 > and maintaining them.
19
20 And as I said on [1], I agree; lets have a systemd profile... which
21 apparently it basically already exists[2].
22
23 (I snip the rest, since I don't really disagree with it).
24
25 Regards.
26
27 [1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/272694