From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The future of linux, and Gentoo specifically now
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 19:03:06
1 Am Sun, 23 Nov 2014 12:07:08 -0600
2 schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com>:
3
4 > On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 [...]
6 > > To answer the OPs question correctly...
7 > >
8 > > Since OpenRC is the *default* - for now at least - it is *king*, and
9 > > systemd is the red-headed step-child, and as such OpenRC is and will be
10 > > 100% fully supported.
11 [...]
12 > > With that in mind, it is also 100% on the *systemd proponents* to make
13 > > sure that *systemd* is 'fully supported' as an *alternate* init system.
14 >
15 > And that's exactly what's happening... in Gentoo, GNOME officially
16 > supports only systemd, not OpenRC.
17 >
18 > Who is king again?
19 [...]
20
21 I get the distinct feeling that you two should probably read the LWN article
22 again.
25 Marc Joliet
26 --
27 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
28 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup