From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 15:15:27
1 On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 10:25:33 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > On 2013-08-11 6:04 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 > > I'm afraid that doesn't solve the problem I had at all, because I'm
5 > > running ~arch. It's as Samuli said, the eudev release lagged behind
6 > > udev, causing the virtual to look elsewhere for its satisfaction.
7 >
8 > So, looks like the best strategy is not to blindly update eudev, and
9 > always check these things, before attempting an upgrade, and waiting
10 > for it to catch up if/when it happens.
11
12 Well, you shouldn't blindly update anything, but the issue here was
13 eudev *not* being updated when the virtual was, and both cause and
14 result were quite clear.
15
16 > No biggie, except maybe for those used to just blindly updating
17 > everything without looking.
18
19 Those people are used to dealing with breakage, or soon will be :)
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Save the whales. Collect the whole set.