From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what's wrong with rsync 3.0.6?
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:02:31
1 On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 5:10 AM, Peter Humphrey
2 <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > On Monday 15 March 2010 02:44:56 fire-eyes wrote:
4 >
5 >> Are you using the EU pool? I am, and I have that problem frequently.
6 >
7 > I don't have /that/ problem at all. The only problem I have with it is
8 > the Irish server in the pool - it wouldn't be enough to go for a cuppa
9 > while it's running; I'd have to come back tomorrow if I let it continue
10 > at its own pace*. So I watch the beginning of --sync and if I get that
11 > server I kill it and try again.
12
13 There was a distfiles mirror that would always hang and timeout for
14 me, so I added it to my hosts file with a bogus IP so it just fails
15 instantly and tries a different server. Maybe you could do the same
16 for the server that's bothering you, then you won't have to worry
17 about it.