From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] SOLVED: problem with PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 03:54:38
1 Needed to use:
2
3 PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="userid@××××××××.com mymailserver.com"
4
5 On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 21:01:24 -0400
6 David Relson wrote:
7
8 > I'm trying to setup mailing of emerge logs, but it's failing for
9 > reasons I don't grasp.
10 >
11 > In /etc/make.conf I have the following:
12 >
13 > PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="userid@××××××××.com"
14 >
15 > Running emerge, for example "emerge -1 uptimed" give the following
16 > message:
17 >
18 > !!! A network error occured while trying to send logmail:
19 > [Errno 111] Connection refused
20 > Sure you configured PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI correctly?
21 >
22 > As a test, from a bash command line I have run:
23 >
24 > echo "testing userid@××××××××.com" | \
25 > mail -s"testing userid@××××××××.com" userid@××××××××.com
26 >
27 > The command line test works fine which indicates that the value of
28 > PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI is correct. However emerge is giving the message
29 > shown above.
30 >
31 > Any thoughts on what I've done wrong?
32 >
33 > Regards,
34 >
35 > David