From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Somewhat OT: Any truth to this mess?
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 22:17:42
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 3:08 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 02/18/2012 05:18 AM, Dale wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Sounds like the internet could be switched off. So, next question, how
6 >>> easy would it be to get it going again? Hours? Days? Weeks?
7 >>
8 >> My guess is that the old farts that read this list could have their old
9 >> dialup bulletin boards back on line in a day. Probably on the original
10 >> hardware gathering dust in the attic :p
11 >
12 > I just need to figure out how to pull the backups off my old QIC-80
13 > tapes so I can run them in dosbox. ;)
18 To me, this is not much difference than the SOPA/PIPA mess. If they
19 implemented that, people would have a workaround in a matter of days and
20 it would be common knowledge. So, everyone would be doing just like
21 they did before
22
23 I still recall the days when you connected directly to a website. Our
24 shop could connect directly to IBM to get updates, technical info and
25 even some tech support. The shop was a IBM dealer. We also had Leading
26 Edge computers too. < Pardon me while I puke> I just don't see any
27 way for the Government to shut us down from information. It could
28 change elections tho. Whoever did shut it down would have a problem
29 keeping his/her job.
30
31 Dale
32
37 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
38 how you interpreted my words!
39
40 Miss the compile output? Hint:
41 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"