From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Something weird and I'm confused. BIOS and SATA is empty
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 09:34:28
1 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Mon, November 7, 2011 1:32 pm, Dale wrote:
3 > <SNIP>
4 >
5 >> I looked for such a option but I can't find it anywhere. It may be
6 >> there but I can't find it. Since it is working and the AHCI controller
7 >> sees the drives, I'm going to leave well enough alone.
8 > I checked my desktop at home last night and the disks are only shown for
9 > AHCI. The BIOS doesn't see anything. (All connected to SATA)
10
11 Then I guess it is working as it should. Whew !
14 >> I also rebooted to the NEW sysrescue stick and cfdisk worked fine. It
15 >> displayed all the drive partitions and other info just like it should.
16 >> I guess there was something off with cfdisk on the stick.
17 > Probably :)
18 >
19 >> All this from a raccoon knocking out power. Pesky critter.
20 > Raccoons are doing some behaviour studies in your area, didn't you get the
21 > memo? :)
22 >
23 > --
24 > Joost
27 The only report that raccoon will give is a bright flash of light.
28 Shorting out 250,000 volts sort of puts a period on the end of the
29 briefest report there has ever been. Those lines are the TVA lines that
30 come from a few hundred miles away. There is no telling how much power
31 comes through those lines either. Heck, even one amp is a lot.
32
33 That raccoon better get a new plan. The current one is shockingly the
34 wrong way to do it. lol Plus I hate when the lights go out. Winter
35 is about here and we have electric heat. :/
36
37 Dale
38