From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Circular dependencies...
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 08:36:54
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> [14-01-06 09:28]:
2 > On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 08:18:20 +0100, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > > I added this to /etc/portage/package.use:
5 > >
6 > > =dev-ruby/racc-1.49 -doc
7 > >
8 > > and have set "doc" in the USE flags in make.conf.
9 > >
10 > > I am still getting the above output...
11 >
12 > USE=doc is a classic way of getting circular dependencies, usually
13 > unnecessarily. You only need USE=doc if you are doing development work
14 > with a package, so it should never need to be set globally. The flag does
15 > not affect the installation of general man/info pages, except with the
16 > odd exception (like ffmpeg).
17 >
18 > % euses doc
19 > doc - Add extra documentation (API, Javadoc, etc). It is recommended to
20 > enable per package instead of globally
23 > --
24 > Neil Bothwick
25 >
26 > Diarrhoea is hereditary, it runs in your genes.
27
28 Hi Neil,
29
30 thank you for the inofrmation! :))
31 I am currently on the way of installing texlive completly
32 and I cannot get enough documentation about it...
33 So I thought, that "doc" was a good idea...but iw seems not
34 to be...
35 I will switch it off again.
36 On the other side: Not being able to install docs globally seems
37 to be a logical problem (beside being useless...), which needs
38 to be fixed...right?
39
40 Best regards,
41 mcc