From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Circular dependencies...
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 08:27:11
1 On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 08:18:20 +0100, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > I added this to /etc/portage/package.use:
4 >
5 > =dev-ruby/racc-1.49 -doc
6 >
7 > and have set "doc" in the USE flags in make.conf.
8 >
9 > I am still getting the above output...
10
11 USE=doc is a classic way of getting circular dependencies, usually
12 unnecessarily. You only need USE=doc if you are doing development work
13 with a package, so it should never need to be set globally. The flag does
14 not affect the installation of general man/info pages, except with the
15 odd exception (like ffmpeg).
16
17 % euses doc
18 doc - Add extra documentation (API, Javadoc, etc). It is recommended to
19 enable per package instead of globally
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Diarrhoea is hereditary, it runs in your genes.