From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] root on EVMS, evms_activate, checkroot, rw/ro mount, gah
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 20:24:54
1 On 10/13/06, Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov <ploujj@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'll start by presenting some info about my system. You'll find the
3 > actual problems (numbered) in the middle of this message.
4 >
5 > I have my root file system on RAID 1
6 > I use an initrd image to get my system going. The image was simply taken from:
7 > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25076
8 >
9 > I have added:
10 >
11 > mount / -n -o remount,rw
12 > [[ -z ${CDBOOT} ]] && start_addon evms
13
14 Hmm, why was this necessary? In baselayout 1.12.5-r2, the checkroot
15 script will already remount the root filesystem as rw if necessary,
16 and the /sbin/rc script will do a "start_addon evms" after starting
17 checkroot and modules, if evms appears in RC_VOLUME_ORDER in
18 /etc/conf.d/rc.
19
20 > to /etc/init.d/checkroot
21 > and removed anything evms related from /etc/init.d/checkfs
22
23 My checkfs doesn't have anything related to evms to begin with...
24
25 > mount: /dev/evms/system already mounted or / busy
26 > mount: according to mtab, rootfs is already mounted on /
27
28 Could it have already been activated by the initrd?
29
30 > 2. It gets worse because I see:
31 > "Activating EVMS" at least once after the checkroot script finishes running.
32 >
33 > I cannot find where this might be coming from.
34
35 Probably because you have evms in RC_VOLUME_ORDER in /etc/conf.d/rc,
36 which causes /sbin/rc to do a "start_addon evms" right after
37 checkroot.
38
39 -Richard
40 --