From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why my system is keeping old kernel around?
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 17:52:11
1 On Sun, 2013-04-28 at 18:47 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > By far the most likely cause is you type
3 >
4 > emerge =gentoo-sources-<something>
5 >
6 > and forget to use the -1 option. It's the same thing that results in
7 > packages called *lib* in world
8
9 Yeah, I knew that doing this would cause what I was talking about, but I
10 don't recall ever having using a specific version in a kernel emerge
11 command. I guess it's possible I just don't remember doing it, but it
12 happens often enough that I don't think this is why.
13
14 I'll try to pay attention to the contents of world and see if I can
15 pinpoint an action that is doing this. Thanks!
18 Randy Barlow