From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Genlop -f not quite right.
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 00:17:43
1 On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 16:47:22 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I renamed my old emerge log file to .old1 to get off to a fresh start
4 > with the log file. It was getting pretty large. Anyway, to figure out
5 > how long something takes to emerge, I use this command and get this
6 > response:
7 [snip]
8
9 > Why does it not calculate the current compile time correctly? Is this a
10 > genlop bug or am I doing something wrong?
11
12 The latter, I'm afraid. You've told genlop to look at the old log file,
13 but the start time of the current emerge is written to the new log file.
14 I use genlop -f when the current log file is in a different location
15 (when I'm emerging in a chroot and want to check progress from the
16 "parent" OS) and it works fine.
17
18 What you are looking for is for genlop to consider multiple log files,
19 something it does not currently do. You could file a feature request bug
20 report.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Don't hate yourself in the morning, sleep until noon.