From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Genlop -f not quite right.
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 01:08:12
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 16:47:22 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> I renamed my old emerge log file to .old1 to get off to a fresh start
6 >> with the log file. It was getting pretty large. Anyway, to figure out
7 >> how long something takes to emerge, I use this command and get this
8 >> response:
9 >>
10 > [snip]
13 >> Why does it not calculate the current compile time correctly? Is this a
14 >> genlop bug or am I doing something wrong?
17 > The latter, I'm afraid. You've told genlop to look at the old log file,
18 > but the start time of the current emerge is written to the new log file.
19 > I use genlop -f when the current log file is in a different location
20 > (when I'm emerging in a chroot and want to check progress from the
21 > "parent" OS) and it works fine.
22 >
23 > What you are looking for is for genlop to consider multiple log files,
24 > something it does not currently do. You could file a feature request bug
25 > report.
30 That sort of makes sense. It looks to me like it would see that all the
31 emerges in the old log were completed. I may try pointing it to both
32 files and see if that works any better. Give it more info if you will.
33 Most likely won't work but I doubt it will let the smoke out either. ;-)
34
35 Thanks for the info.
36
37 Dale