From: Issac Trotts <issac.trotts@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: startx hangs with NVidia GeForce FX 5200 and FX 5600
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 01:38:02
1 The problem was fixed by removing the BusID line from xorg.conf.
2 Apparently it was wrong.
3
4 On 2/19/07, Issac Trotts <issac.trotts@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > This is with nvidia-drivers 1.0.8776 and also nvidia-legacy-drivers,
6 > as well as version 1.0.9746 of nvidia-drivers. I type startx and the
7 > screen goes mostly white, with a band of black at the top with what
8 > might be a white underline cursor at the top left. Sometimes there is
9 > a bunch of pixel garbage instead of the large white area.
10 >
11 > Attached are my xorg.conf, X11 log file, and the output from
12 > nvidia-bug-report.sh.
13 >
14 > The kernel module is in place:
15 >
16 > $ lsmod | grep nvidia
17 > nvidia 4226100 8
18 > agpgart 19092 1 nvidia
19 > i2c_core 11872 1 nvidia
20 >
21 > I'm recompiling xorg-server now with USE=debug to get an informative backtrace.
22 >
23 > If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list