From: Issac Trotts <issac.trotts@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] startx hangs with NVidia GeForce FX 5200 and FX 5600
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 00:55:06
1 This is with nvidia-drivers 1.0.8776 and also nvidia-legacy-drivers,
2 as well as version 1.0.9746 of nvidia-drivers. I type startx and the
3 screen goes mostly white, with a band of black at the top with what
4 might be a white underline cursor at the top left. Sometimes there is
5 a bunch of pixel garbage instead of the large white area.
6
7 Attached are my xorg.conf, X11 log file, and the output from
8 nvidia-bug-report.sh.
9
10 The kernel module is in place:
11
12 $ lsmod | grep nvidia
13 nvidia 4226100 8
14 agpgart 19092 1 nvidia
15 i2c_core 11872 1 nvidia
16
17 I'm recompiling xorg-server now with USE=debug to get an informative backtrace.
18
19 If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.

Xorg.0.log-with-nvidia application/octet-stream
nvidia-bug-report.log text/x-log
xorg.conf application/octet-stream