From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: A systemd-only Gentoo system
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:08:02
1 On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:32 AM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >> Hi; I've been running systemd in Gentoo since September from 2010, and
6 >> it works great for me: all my machines run it at this point.
9 > Well, I'm curious.
10 >
11 > How well does systemd work with uClibc based systems? More
12 > specifically does systemd work well with embedded linux systems?
13
14 I don't know first hand: I use systemd in my desktop and laptop
15 machines, a media center, and a couple of servers. However, ProFUSION
16 (http://profusion.mobi/) is a company specialized in embedded systems,
17 and they are huge supporters (and contributors) of systemd. I hear the
18 embedded guys in general like a lot the idea of systemd.
19
20 > How does systemd work with a system that uses SElinux?
21
22 I don't use SELinux: however, the first distribution that shipped
23 systemd by default (Fedora) uses SELinux also by default, so I would
24 *think* it works. But again, I don't use it.
25
26 > How well does a group of (systemd) systems work
27 > with a wide deployment of a distributed file system,
28 > such as BTRFS?
29
30 No idea. I personally use ext4, and I'm not looking forward to move my
31 systems to btrfs.
32
33 > Just curious if you know about any of these areas related
34 > to systemd.
35
36 Not really; I think my use cases are pretty simple and common.
37
38 But if you are interested in systemd, I think you should try it first
39 in simple setups, and certainly as provided by the Gentoo devs. My
40 overlay is for people like me, who already use systemd (in quite
41 common setups), and who would like to experiment a system without
42 OpenRC just for the "fun" of trying something new, inestable, and
43 potentially dangerous.
44
45 Regards.
46 --