From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] !!!!
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 21:23:10
1 Meik Frischke wrote:
2 > 2015-08-18 22:40 GMT+02:00 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com
3 > <mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com>>:
4 >
5 > Alan Grimes wrote:
6 > > Like a stupid dumbfuck, I tried to update my machine today....
7 > >
8 > > tortoise ~ # revdep-rebuild
9 > > /bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5:
10 > cannot
11 > > open shared object file: No such file or directory
12 > > tortoise ~ # ufed
13 > > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
14 > > shared object file: No such file or directory
15 > > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
16 > > shared object file: No such file or directory
17 > > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
18 > > shared object file: No such file or directory
19 > > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
20 > > shared object file: No such file or directory
21 > > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
22 > > shared object file: No such file or directory
23 > > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
24 > > shared object file: No such file or directory
25 > >
26 > > Couldn't determine EPREFIX and PORTDIR from Portage
27 > > INIT failed--call queue aborted.
28 > > tortoise ~ #
29 > >
30 > > !!!!
31 > >
32 > > GOOD JOB, PENGUINS!!!
33 > > I won't even be able to reboot my machine!!!
34 > >
35 > > A+ configuration management....
40 > Did you update ncurses by any chance? According to a look up,
41 > that file
42 > belongs to that package. I might also add, I don't have that file
43 > here
44 > at all. Sort of odd that I don't have it but portage works fine here.
45 >
46 > Dale
47 >
48 > :-) :-)
51 > Seems like ncurses was recompiled without the "tinfo" use flag. You
52 > could try booting up a rescue system and unpack a precompiled bash
53 > package from another (trusted) system to get your machine working
54 > again and continue from there.
57 That would make sense. Just a FYI tho, I don't have that USE flag
58 enabled here either.
59
60 [ebuild R ] sys-libs/ncurses-5.9-r3:5::gentoo USE="gpm unicode
61 -ada -cxx -debug -doc -minimal -profile -static-libs -tinfo -trace"
62 ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
63
64 This may be one of those times where having the binaries for older
65 packages would come in handy. Just find it, untar it and then fix it so
66 that it works right.
67
68 Dale
69