From: Meik Frischke <meik.frischke@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] !!!!
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 20:58:08
1 2015-08-18 22:40 GMT+02:00 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
2
3 > Alan Grimes wrote:
4 > > Like a stupid dumbfuck, I tried to update my machine today....
5 > >
6 > > tortoise ~ # revdep-rebuild
7 > > /bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot
8 > > open shared object file: No such file or directory
9 > > tortoise ~ # ufed
10 > > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
11 > > shared object file: No such file or directory
12 > > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
13 > > shared object file: No such file or directory
14 > > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
15 > > shared object file: No such file or directory
16 > > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
17 > > shared object file: No such file or directory
18 > > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
19 > > shared object file: No such file or directory
20 > > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
21 > > shared object file: No such file or directory
22 > >
23 > > Couldn't determine EPREFIX and PORTDIR from Portage
24 > > INIT failed--call queue aborted.
25 > > tortoise ~ #
26 > >
27 > > !!!!
28 > >
29 > > GOOD JOB, PENGUINS!!!
30 > > I won't even be able to reboot my machine!!!
31 > >
32 > > A+ configuration management....
37 > Did you update ncurses by any chance? According to a look up, that file
38 > belongs to that package. I might also add, I don't have that file here
39 > at all. Sort of odd that I don't have it but portage works fine here.
40 >
41 > Dale
42 >
46 Seems like ncurses was recompiled without the "tinfo" use flag. You could
47 try booting up a rescue system and unpack a precompiled bash package from
48 another (trusted) system to get your machine working again and continue
49 from there.