From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] !!!!
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 20:40:28
1 Alan Grimes wrote:
2 > Like a stupid dumbfuck, I tried to update my machine today....
3 >
4 > tortoise ~ # revdep-rebuild
5 > /bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot
6 > open shared object file: No such file or directory
7 > tortoise ~ # ufed
8 > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
9 > shared object file: No such file or directory
10 > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
11 > shared object file: No such file or directory
12 > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
13 > shared object file: No such file or directory
14 > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
15 > shared object file: No such file or directory
16 > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
17 > shared object file: No such file or directory
18 > sh: error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
19 > shared object file: No such file or directory
20 >
21 > Couldn't determine EPREFIX and PORTDIR from Portage
22 > INIT failed--call queue aborted.
23 > tortoise ~ #
24 >
25 > !!!!
26 >
27 > GOOD JOB, PENGUINS!!!
28 > I won't even be able to reboot my machine!!!
29 >
30 > A+ configuration management....
35 Did you update ncurses by any chance? According to a look up, that file
36 belongs to that package. I might also add, I don't have that file here
37 at all. Sort of odd that I don't have it but portage works fine here.
38
39 Dale
40