From: Elyahou ITTAH <ittah.elyahou@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSH tunnel With Portage
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:29:11
1 2008/1/14, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>:
2 >
3 > On Monday 14 January 2008, Elyahou ITTAH wrote:
4 > >> What kind of machine is "127.0.0.1:8080", where putty is running?
5 > >> It's likely a windows box, but now putty exists for linux too.
6 > >> Is this the same machine you want to run portage on? If not, is the
7 > >> portage box on the same network as the putty one?
10 > > I am on Linux
11 >
12 > Now I am confused. Why do you run Putty on a Linux machine?
13 >
14 > I used it once just to confuse and confound co-workers and have it
15 > runable in Wine just to impress some other people.
16 >
17 > But I'd never seriously USE it for anything... That's why I have ...
18 > um ... openssh and ... err ... telnet
19 >
20 > --
21 > Alan McKinnon
22 > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
23 > --
24 > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
27 Haha i used Putty in Windows and use now on Linux because i known it... :P
28
29 Thx for all