From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSH tunnel With Portage
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:18:54
1 On Monday 14 January 2008, Elyahou ITTAH wrote:
2 >> What kind of machine is "127.0.0.1:8080", where putty is running?
3 >> It's likely a windows box, but now putty exists for linux too.
4 >> Is this the same machine you want to run portage on? If not, is the
5 >> portage box on the same network as the putty one?
8 > I am on Linux
9
10 Now I am confused. Why do you run Putty on a Linux machine?
11
12 I used it once just to confuse and confound co-workers and have it
13 runable in Wine just to impress some other people.
14
15 But I'd never seriously USE it for anything... That's why I have ...
16 um ... openssh and ... err ... telnet
19 Alan McKinnon
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
21 --
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list