From: Elyahou ITTAH <ittah.elyahou@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSH tunnel With Portage
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:27:15
1 2008/1/14, Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>:
4 > What application is running on the remote box, port 443? A SOCKS server
5 > or something else?
8 OpenSSH, which manage the redirections alone.
9
10 What kind of machine is "127.0.0.1:8080", where putty is running? It's
11 > likely a windows box, but now putty exists for linux too.
12 > Is this the same machine you want to run portage on? If not, is the
13 > portage box on the same network as the putty one?
17 I am on Linux :P and the configuration is my Gentoo Installation.
18 127.O.O.1 is my machine where putty is running, Xchat run with this proxy
19 configuration: Socks5 127.0.0.1:8080
20
21 After Many tests, this solution worked. Thx for that ;)
22
23 But I am interested on a global configuration who pass all connection by the
24 SSH tunnel.
25
26 How i can do that ?