From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSH tunnel With Portage
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:15:31
1 On Monday 14 January 2008, Elyahou ITTAH wrote:
2
3 > I am a little confused...
4 >
5 > Putty listen to my 127.0.0.1:8080 and forward to my extern box:443
6 > passing the squid proxy:3128 (in SSH of course)
7
8 What application is running on the remote box, port 443? A SOCKS server
9 or something else?
10
11 What kind of machine is "127.0.0.1:8080", where putty is running? It's
12 likely a windows box, but now putty exists for linux too.
13 Is this the same machine you want to run portage on? If not, is the
14 portage box on the same network as the putty one?
15
16 > I tried configure the http proxy by export... but the web rsync still
17 > don't run...
18
19 Exactly what command did you enter and how the error messages looked like
20 (the exact messages)?
21 --
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list